Saturday, August 29, 2009

BLESSED

I sometimes tell the story about a disillusioned pastor who used to mysteriously disappear from the church office at the same time early every afternoon. Suspecting he was up to no good, some staffer followed him one day and discovered him sitting alone on a grassy bank outside of town. Fearing he was waiting for some illicit meeting, they confronted him and asked why he came there every day. Pointing at the train passing on the nearby track, he commented, "To watch the only thing around here that moves without me having to push it."

I led my Weight Watchers meetings this morning, as I do every Saturday, which keeps me at the Selden Center from 6.45am to 1.45pm.

Meanwhile over at Island Cinemas, Mastic, a crowd of very excited, hard-working volunteers off-loaded all the equipment for our new campus, unpacked it, put it together and set everything in its place.

The good news is that everything worked - sound, video, lights. Everything fit well into the storage areas and we're all ready to rock and roll with our run-through over there next Sunday morning.

What a great team of people we had over there working, laughing and sweating together. I am blessed to have such terrific folks around me who have so thoroughly got hold of the vision that they run with it - without me!