Friday, September 11, 2009

SO WHAT IT'S RAINING?


Having delivered over 9,000 door hangers last weekend announcing Sunday's launch, we planned to take care of the final 2500 or so this evening, but it has rained all day. I don't just mean light stuff spitting out of the heavens, I mean the kind of rain and wind that is driving the leaves from the trees prematurely and generally causing havoc.

I waited all day for a break in the clouds, since it seems the forecasters seldom really have a clue, but just after 5.00, I realized it wasn't going to happen.

Tomorrow's main activity is handing out invitation postcards in the Stop & Shop shopping center, so will the final hangers get done?

I don't know. I'm planning to attack some when I'm free later in the day, but I'm really not worried.

Here's the deal.

Our folks have worked like dogs getting the word out. I knew they are committed people, but honestly didn't realize how much they were into what we're doing. We've worked hard at this. We've covered a heck of a lot of ground.

So now we'll do what we can and then wait for God to do what he alone can do. It's the Holy Spirit who draws people, so I'm going to guess that God isn't going to fall off his throne tonight because the weather sucks.

Chances are he had a hand in it, so I'll leave it with him!