Monday, September 21, 2009

SPACE ISSUES


I told a couple of folks yesterday that the normal fall away from launch day to week two is 25%, though I'm not sure where or when I read that number. Today I was pretty reliably informed that the figure is more like 35% to 50%, so I guess the drop we experienced on our second Sunday in Mastic from 203 to 183 pretty much bucks that trend. I like that!

By the way, it was 9.85% to be exact.

We initially planned to use the largest theater at Island Cinemas, but opted to start with the second largest in the end. So for the past two Sundays Theater 6 has been comfortably full, which means there is no convenient room for growth.

As we moved out yesterday we said thank you and goodbye to Theater 6 and next Sunday we will move into the 250 seater Theater 7 next to it. I must admit that at this stage the biggest venue is beginning to look small, but we'll just keep moving forward and see where we end up!