Friday, July 24, 2009

16,574


Demographic studies reveal there are 16,574 homes in the Tri-Village area - Mastic, Mastic Beach and Shirley. When wse decided to go with door hangers rather than direct mailing, my goal was to cover every one of those houses, but my ambitions were trimmed by the other members of our pastoral team who felt that was unrealistic.

I was disappointed at the time, but they were right. We finally settled for 10,000 and as I wrote yesterday, we have alm ost all the people we need to put them out.

Today I had breakfast with my friend Tony Balsamo, who pastors Integrity Christian Fellowship in Yaphank - http://www.integrityfellowship.com/ It has been a while since we sat down together, so there was a lot to catch up on, including the fact that Tony wanted to be updated on our preparations for the launch of our new campus.

He came up with an outrageous and brilliant idea that will enable us to go way beyond hitting the 10,000 homes we had planned and actually covering every house in the final few days before we kick off.

I'd like to share it with our folks first on Sunday and I'll write it here later that day.

Tonight I am a very happy camper!