Thursday, July 9, 2009

TODAY'S GOOD NEWS

I spent some nights last week wondering what the heck we were gettiing into, but thankfully to balance that, I have ended every day this week thanking God for his provision and blessing as we continue with our preparations.

Sunday we were given $2,000 worth of 7-11 coupons to distribute in the community as part of our PR in the run-up to opening day.

Tuesday we were able to buy thousands of dollars worth of brand new equipment for just $855 - two video projectors and a flat screen TV.

Wednesday I met with a guy who is fairly new to our church who looks like he will play a significant part in worship leading in Mastic. He's also a state certified sound engineer who will get all that area set up for us.

Today I took a ride over to Mastic to show my sister the theatre before she returned to the UK this evening. We had lunch in the diner right beside the theater and the owner asked me for posters to put in his window there and also in the pizzeria he has next door. We don't even have them yet, but I loved the fact that he asked me! I did give him some of the cards we have announcing the launch day and he's putting them in both stores.

I took the rest of the cards I had - probably 800 to the movie theater and the manager immediately agreed to start handing them out to customers as they purchase their tickets.

I love it when a plan comes together!