Thursday, July 16, 2009

IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

I read something once in a really good book about writing your vision down. I opted for doing that and also drawing a picture, or maybe I should call it decorating a map. The red dots are mainly in our county (just one exception) and they represent the movie theaters we have expressed interest in renting in the future through National Cinemedia. (For the purists, the dot near the fork in our county should have been on Riverhead).

There is a ton of scope in Suffolk County, with its 1.5 million, mainly unchurched people. I couldn't help smiling yesterday when I read that a prominent preacher and an internationally known worship leader had teamed up to start a church in the spiritually bereft city of Atlanta and had a crowd of 3,000 at their first service. God bless them - may they prosper and reach a lot of unchurched people for Jesus.

But God, please send some people to Long Island and save them from falling over each other in the Bible Belt!

I joined an online social network for multi-site church pastors today. There are 406 leaders participating and not one of them is from New York. Now I do know a couple of pastors in our state who are either multi-site or looking to go multi-site, but that's about it.

New York needs passionate, sane visionaries who are sold out to reaching the lost.

Long Island does too - and I could give you 3,000,000 reasons why!